Question:
I am traveling through the Grand Canyon, any great tips of things to see???
lissa7903
2006-02-17 08:20:02 UTC
I am traveling through the Grand Canyon, any great tips of things to see???
Two answers:
2006-03-13 12:35:40 UTC
Take me with you, I'll make you laugh. I'm fun.

Take the donkey ride down into the canyon. It is fun, I'll go and rub your butt if it's sore after.
2006-02-17 16:24:42 UTC
The North Rim!

Most people only visit the South Rim for some reason. Definately check out the North Rim and some of the remote viewpoints up there. It takes about 5 hours to drive from the North Rim to the South, so plan accordingly if you want to see both.

If you are in to hiking, there's plenty to hike along the rim trail, but be sure to plan accordingly if you are going to hike in to the canyon - don't use more than 1/3 of your time going in - it will take about twice as long (and twice as much water) to get back out.

If you can, plan a rafting trip in advance. There's nothing more impressive than rafting down the Colorodo through the Grand Canyon. Helicopter tours can be scheduled when you get there if you want to do that.

Depending on which way you're coming from, if you have time, definately check out the rest of the Grand Staircase. In my opinion, Zion and Bryce Canyon are far more interesting and fun (and less crowded) than the Grand Canyon. (Though they can'y compete with the sheer vastness of the GC)