Question:
Has anyone here been to Sedona, AZ? i want to know all the cool stuff to do while im here.?
leroyjenkinson
2006-04-13 14:32:57 UTC
Has anyone here been to Sedona, AZ? i want to know all the cool stuff to do while im here.?
Twelve answers:
sammi_stephens
2006-04-14 01:52:12 UTC
I had my honeymoon there!

Here are some things you might want to check out:

- horseback riding

- oak creek canyon (Slide Rock State Park is located there)

- Tlaquepaque arts & crafts village

- hiking & biking (tons of places to do this)

- hot air balloon rides

- scenic plane & helicopter tours

- shopping in uptown Sedona

- art galleries

- Shugrue's Hillside Grill (pricey but WELL worth it - fabulous food)

- Cathedral Rock

Here's an event guide for Sedona: http://sedonaazcoc.weblinkconnect.com/CWT/External/WCPages/WCEvents/EventsStartPage.aspx

And if you're at all into bird watching, there are lots of pretty hummingbirds in the area.

If you are still looking for a place to stay, I recommend

the Wishing Well B & B for couples. It's not really a family place but, great accomodations and wonderful service. VERY romantic and they can cater to your special needs (like a honeymoon,for instance) if you let them know in advance. http://www.sedonawishingwell.com/

Enjoy your trip! It's beautiful!
2006-04-14 09:21:24 UTC
As a native of Arizona - the one place I suggest all "tourist" go to if alloted the time would be to visit Sedona which is also known as "Red Rock Country". If you're going to be in Phoenix, it's about a 2.5 hour drive north of the city. The town is gorgeous - very mountainous - but not the brown ones you would normally see - the rocks to the sands are all red (adobe color). There are gorgeous rock formations that only you can experience for yourself. Visit Slide Rock if it's during the summer and bring your bathing suits so you can slide down the creek freely with the water current pushing you, swim in the many natural spring ponds - or you can hike a little and go cliff jumping. If the water is too cold, then I suggest hiking slide rock and bringing a sack lunch to have a picnic. If you're really a tourist, visit downtown Sedona where there are tons of shops and restaurants to hang out at. If money is not an issue, take a helicopter ride or do the Pink Jeep Tours where they'll take you down canyons and see breathtaking sites that you wouldn't be able to get to by yourself. Looking for a place to stay while in Sedona? I suggest the L'Auberge - though a bit pricey, it's worth it - get a room with a view of the creek or the canyon.

Obviously by what I have written, this is a definite place to visit. Bring your camera and take lots of pictures! :)
MARLON SEPPALA
2006-04-14 01:40:42 UTC
Just Go there. You won't miss anything they have to offer.

Just hop on I-17 drive north to the exit # 298. You will see the signs for Sedona. Out of all you can do I say the one most people miss. Would be Driving away from Sedona late at night with the Full moon out. The Pinnacles look very interesting in the glowing Moonlight.
2006-04-13 14:37:49 UTC
Go to the spas there. But the real treasure is simply the outdoors there. I didn't believe the hype till I drove through it on the way back from the Grand Canyon. It just seemed like a normal wooded area until I turned a sharp corner on the highway headed down a mountain. All of a sudden I see this cliff face with trees growing out of the side in this deep, red earth and fog was pouring down the side. It was absolutely spectacular. I just got outside and played around a creek at the bottom of the cliff.
stereopmp
2006-04-13 19:34:54 UTC
Spend some time hikeing. They also have some neat shopping downtown. Bring a camera. Also the drive from Sedona to Flagstaff is great, but they do want you to buy a permit to pull over on the side of the road to take pics.
Biteme
2006-04-13 20:10:24 UTC
I live in Arizona, go to Sedona often. Check out Oaxaca, have a eggs Oaxaca burrito. Lots of shopping, check out oak creek its just up the hill. Slide rock use to be better before it became a national park now its very dirty, but very scenic. Check out sedonaarizona.com Too many things to list.
Dave
2006-04-13 16:00:27 UTC
Take a Jeep tour, go hiking or mountain biking. Those red rocks are some of the most scenic anywhere in the world! I wish I could afford to buy a second home there.
bossface
2006-04-14 00:50:11 UTC
slide rock is cool, it is basically a natural waterslide. definite fun, but the water is all kinds of cold, and i was there in august. climb around on bell rock and cathedral rock. catch a sunrise or sunset, sunset especially, from the airport, which is on top of a mesa. i forget the name of the place, but there is an alien themed diner, which will see becuase it is brightly lit and at a major intersection; anyway, get a malt there, they rule. you will need a state park pass for parking, basically everywhere is considered a state park, but nowhere a national park, so you can park at any of the cool places, bell rock, cathedral rock, slide rock, etc with the pass. the drive from flagstaff is a beaute on 89a through oak creek canyon.
keelahkat
2006-04-13 14:36:00 UTC
go to slide rock. or take a trail through the red rock mnts. the petrified forest might be around there too
jaimestar64cross
2006-04-13 14:37:27 UTC
Check out their website:http://www.visitsedona.com/
Saph
2006-04-13 20:26:56 UTC
i have. go to the red mountains. you have to have some id or something. when i went they didnt let us go in
confused
2006-04-13 16:03:35 UTC
Yep my sister lives there.